Skip to content
- Malechivisto, formerly imprisoned in the Creepwood purgeon, reclaims his “ship” with Catharticus, another codefather
- The ship takes on more definition and lights
- Essul and Daemir Daggerbite are also aboard
- Cornelius looks at the picture of the young unicorns, as he is flown to the Farthest Point of the Beyonding
- Unicorns in panel 2 (clockwise from left): Dandelflower (yellow, ridden by Theon), Harvelsester (orange), Clad-In-Destiny (red), and Sky-Shindigo (blue)
- Orduroc refuses to forgive Bromance
- Radish-Hoof reappears with Pip, and his new weapon, “Mr. Blasty”
- Count Feudd expels Etalun and Orduroc from Castle Creepwood; Etalun for his indolence, Orduroc for his odor
- “I knew your sister”; who could Etalun’s sister be? Another devotee of Obsolesmus?
- The dialogue in the first two panels is loosely referencing lines from the beginning of Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981).
- The rocks are the collapsed bodies of the Gargrudgen, under which miles of towns and people are buried; the capitol spires are clearly visible in the distance
- Essul’s “extendable legs” are something of an inside joke, to explain his mild changes in height over the course of the strip
- Essul probably gained perfect sight (which he has displayed previously) through forbidden knowledge
- Karbunkel explains Yotatonic Theory and the two timelines to Cornelius
- Karbunkel has met with Yotatonic people before, in #80 and #123; here we see him contacting them when he was younger than Cornelius, indicating the length of time it took for the Garblemen to arrive
- By showing Cornelius a “flashback”, Karbunkel changes a memory from Perceptive to Narrative timeline (it’s out of Karbunkel’s memory, and now part of the depicted narrative)
- In panel 2, young Karbunkel has a piece of Smisland spar, which is used to power his telescope (panel 1), and that’s Mogol next to him
- Using a “Dread Conundrum”, Laed-Ku helps Bromance escape from his Umbrage
- Karbunkel shows The Past to Cornelius
- Who was Xandinculus, after all? Did he come from our world, and was he really a “dangerous Plagiarist” as he was labeled?
- Karbunkel knows how to “unshrink” objects