Skip to content
- First introduction to Pip, Bromance’s familiar and companion
- Besmurchins rarely act on their own… so who’s controlling them?
- Pip’s expression in panel 3 indicates that the search for the Lost Book has been long and fruitless
- First appearance of Bromance!
- Corny inadvertently unleashes a Conundrum regarding the Overkeeper’s visor, causing a bolt of lightning
- First depicted form of Bromance’s privilege, also known as a weirdsword, or variblade
- First appearance: Prince Karbunkel of Fargon. He is first seen tracing, which is a Plagiarist discipline
- First appearance: Vurka, the Prince’s sycophant. Both he and Karbunkel were able to sense the Lost Book’s return to the Beyonding, which is another knowledge forbidden by the Midirian Empire
- First full appearance: Overkeeper of Inway, King Reclinus V’s militia
- In the Beyonding, the use of foul language causes increasingly bad breath, which attracts and frenzies the Besmurchins
- First full appearance of the Besmurchins
- Would the Lost Book really be blank?
- Whose sword is that?
- The Entry Pedestal covers with moss after deposit
- Corny drops another “D-bomb”
- What’s that in the trees?
- Corny opens the Lost Book, and the strip turns to color!
- The Entry Pedestal to the Beyonding is visible behind Corny- this is technically the “Nearest Point”
- Corny’s first words upon entering the Beyonding include “damned”; this will be relevant later
- The poster on Corny’s bedroom wall says “rapetosaurus”. The narrata border cuts it off inappropriately
- First appearance of Corny’s stepsister Daizee, who was inspired by Pete Bagge’s style
- Daizee’s shirt has a Heartbreaker symbol from John’s Arm: Armageddon (2008)
- Mr. Barham, a teacher at my high school who came from England, made the “rubbers/erasers” gaffe one day, and everyone lost it
- First appearance of Cornelius’s biological father Thurburt, and his stepmother Kaandra
- Mr. Hoarke is based on Emil Jannings from The Last Laugh (German, 1924)
- The Spunks apparently like to force Mr. Hoarke to read to them
- The “deprecated textbook room” in Corny’s new school is notoriously untidy